CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rite of Passage

At the kids' school, once you hit 5th grade, you are able to go on the annual ski trip for 5th - 8th graders. This was the girls' first year and they did so well! Yes - you can ski the prairie! Don't get me wrong, it's nothing like skiing the Rockies, but it's nice for a daytrip. This small resort is outside of Weston, Missouri and uses man-made snow. The day we were there, it hit 65 degrees, so the snow was melting rapidly and becoming quite dirty. The picture immediate below is taken from the parking lot and shows two of the slopes. There are two others on the other side with a higher degree of difficulty.

Bekah, Emili, McKenna and Taylor

I attended ski school with my group just so I could lend some support and get some much needed refresher.

I stuck with Emili for most of the ski school time. She had some trouble getting back on her feet after falling. She stayed with it though and I was proud of her for not giving up.

Here's McKenna on a bunny slope.

I think this is Emili's "Karate Kid" impersonation . . .

McKenna at the rope tow. A skill to master in itself!

A view of two of the slopes from inside the lodge.

Together after a long day of skiing. It was so much fun to ski with the girls and their friends!





0 comments: